£300.00Personalise your experience using the options below
Get ready to for an experience like no other. This voucher will entitle the holder access to a simulation experience in our 1:1 scale Boeing 737-800 NG or Airbus A320 flight simulator for one hour, followed by 1 hour actual flight in a light aircraft departing and arriving at Newcastle International Airport. This truly is a once in a lifetime experience.
What Makes Our Experiences Special?
- All experiences through The 737 Experience are run by either current flying airline pilots or training airline pilots - something very unique to our centre.
- We are the highest rated flight simulator experience in the North of England on TripAdvisor- awarded the 2020 Travellers’ Choice award. While others may claim to be 'the best', our reviews stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- Your experience is truly centered around you. When you visit, you will be the only experience visitors in the centre at that time - we do not have multiple sessions running at the same time, ensuring our focus is solely on you.
- Experiences can be tailored to your requirements. Fly anywhere in the world, with over 24,000 airports. No two sessions are the same.
- We have a large viewing area directly behind the simulator. Your whole family can watch & join in with the experience at no extra cost.
- Our simulator is run on Prosim - AR Software - regarded as the highest fidelity flight model available on the market and used on certified simulators across the world.
- Every button / switch performs as it does in the real aircraft with no dummy switches or gauges.
- Over 100 faults can be programmed into the simulator, should you wish to mix things up with your session.
- Our 220 degree wrap around screen offers immersion like no other. Built in South Korea, the screen is used in level D motion simulators across the world. You truly do believe you are flying a 70 tonne aircraft.
- Used by 100's of airline pilots across the UK who visit us time and again.
Key features of the simulator sessions are:
- You will be carry out a briefing in the briefing room prior to your flight
- You will discuss the flight and plan the route, weight and fuel requirements for the flight
- You will discuss the weather for the flight and the impact this will have on your flight
- The Aircraft will be in a completely cold and dark state.
- You will be given an to the flight controls and various other systems in the aircraft
- You will program in the flight management computer and also configure the whole aircraft
- You will go through the real world aircraft start checklists in order to get the aircraft ready for departure. This includes starting the engines
- You will taxi to the active runway at the airport you have selected
- You will take control of the aircraft and execute a successful takeoff, guided by the captain
- After takeoff you will give you further demonstrations of hand flying the aircraft to increase your skill level
- During the cruise, your instructor will talk you through the various aspects of the cockpit in more detail, such as the flight management computer, the overhead panels, radio controls etc
- You will then be given instructions on how to prepare the aircraft for descent
- You will begin your descent
- You will manually fly the aircraft into the approach position on route to landing
- You will execute a successful landing
- You will taxi the airport to a boarding gate at your destinationairport
You can select any airport in the world which you would like to depart from. Your flight time will be around 60 minutes.
After your simulator session, you can then complete your real word flight (you can do the flight experience before the simulator session if you wish). The experiences do not need to be completed on the same day.
The key features of the real world flight are:
The 60 minute trial lesson will entitle the holder to a 90 minute experience with an hour in the air with one of our highly trained flight instructors. The 30 minute session will give you 30 minutes in the air.
- Begin the experience with meeting your flight instructor, followed by a short brief about the flight that you’re about to embark on.
- Have the option of flying North to see the sights of the Harry Potter castle at Alnwick or going South via the Tyne Bridges to see the sights of Durham city and lots more.
- You will pick up a hi vis jacket and a headset for the aircraft and you will head out to enjoy the experience of a life time.
- Your instructor will talk you through the controls of the aircraft.
- Follow through on the controls for the take off using the same runway as the airliners.
- Hear the Newcastle air traffic controllers talking to you and the airliners.
- Fly the aircraft on your own with the guidance of the instructor next to you.
- Follow through on the approach to land back at Newcastle International Airport.
- After landing you will receive a short debrief and a certificate to certify that you have successfully completed the trial lesson.
Why not officially log the flight that you have just completed and have it signed by your instructor! Log books are available on sale to purchase on the day of the flight!
If you would like to book in more information on this experience, please contact us and we will be happy to help.Please note the experience duration below is for EACH experience. So a 60 minute duration means 60 minutes in the simulator and a 60 minute flight.
Do you have an age limit?
No, our youngest flyer in the simulator was 5 years old and our oldest 92 years old. We would however recommend usually that anyone under the age of 10 only opt for a 30 minute session as younger children can often lose concentration after this time - this is not a rule, just a general observation.
What session duration would you recommend?
Generally, 1 hour and above sessions will get the most from the experience, mainly as you are then able to start from the gate at an airport, taxi and complete a full flight. 30 minute sessions generally start on the runway and we class those as 'taster' sessions. The longer the session, the more you are able to do on the day. Time goes very fast when you are in the simulator.
Do I need any previous experience?
Absolutely not - 95% of people who visit our simulator for experiences have never even been in a cockpit before.
Do I need to bring anything on the day or prepare in any way?
No - you do not need to prepare in any way for the session. The only thing you will need to bring with you is your voucher.
How long do I actually get in the air?
This depends on exactly what you would like to do.
Some like to start the aircraft up while other prefer to get on with the flying straight away. Each session is different however you will get your full time in the actual cockpit.
Is the simulator realistic?
Our simulators is a high fidelity Boeing 737-800 NG & A320 replicas.
This means that everything about the cockpit and flight controls have been recreated to be as realistic as possible. Our simulator is a 1:1 exact replica of the real aircraft cockpit.
My question isn't listed above?
That's no problem. If you have any additional questions please contact us through our contact page, call us or message us on the chat icon on the bottom left hand corner.
We offer two options when it comes to your voucher.
Personalised Boarding Pass - £5 cost
Perfect for gifts and special occasions, our personalised boarding pass is printed with the attendees name and sent out to you to give as a physical gift. Please allow 7 days for the voucher to arrive.
Perfect for those who would like to quickly print and gift the voucher the voucher on short notice or if you are buying from yourself. This voucher can be downloaded immediatley after purchase.