£51.00 £85.00 Discount Applied. You Save 40% (£34.00)Personalise your experience using the options below
Get ready to for an experience like no other. This voucher will entitle the holder access to a simulation experience in our 1:1 scale Boeing 737-800 NG flight simulator – flown by airlines such as TUI, Jet2 & Ryanair
What Makes Our Experiences Special?
- All experiences through The 737 Experience are run by either current flying airline pilots or training airline pilots - something very unique to our centre.
- We are the highest rated flight simulator experience in the North of England on TripAdvisor- awarded the 2020 Travellers’ Choice award. While others may claim to be 'the best', our reviews stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- Your experience is truly centered around you. When you visit, you will be the only experience visitors in the centre at that time - we do not have multiple sessions running at the same time, ensuring our focus is solely on you.
- Experiences can be tailored to your requirements. Fly anywhere in the world, with over 24,000 airports. No two sessions are the same.
- We have a large viewing area directly behind the simulator. Your whole family can watch & join in with the experience at no extra cost.
- Our simulator is run on Prosim - AR Software - regarded as the highest fidelity flight model available on the market and used on certified simulators across the world.
- Every button / switch performs as it does in the real aircraft with no dummy switches or gauges.
- Over 100 faults can be programmed into the simulator, should you wish to mix things up with your session.
- Our 220 degree wrap around screen offers immersion like no other. Built in South Korea, the screen is used in level D motion simulators across the world. You truly do believe you are flying a 70 tonne aircraft.
- Used by 100's of airline pilots across the UK who visit us time and again.
Please note each person using the simulator is required to have a valid voucher. You cannot split vouchers across numerous participants.
No two sessions in our simulator are the same and can be completely tailored to what you would like to do. Wether you want to fly from A to B or to experience an engine fire or failure, our sessions have it all.
Below is an example of a 1 hour 'normal' session:
- The Aircraft will be in a completely cold and dark state.
- You will be given a brief introduction to the flight controls and various other systems in the aircraft
- According to which airport you have selected, we will give you a few options of which airport you can fly to
- An instructor will then take you through your flight plan and the route you are taking
- If you wish, with the help of your instructor, you will program the flight management computer
- You will go through the real world aircraft start checklists in order to get the aircraft ready for departure. This includes starting the engines
- You will taxi to the active runway at the airport you have selected
- You will take control of the aircraft and execute a successful takeoff, guided by an instructor
- After takeoff you will then be instructed on how to use the autopilot on the aircraft
- You will engage the autopilot while the aircraft is in cruise
- During the cruise, your instructor will talk you through the various aspects of the cockpit in more detail, such as the flight management computer, the overhead panels, radio controls etc
- You will then be given instructions on how to prepare the aircraft for descent
- You will begin your descent
- You will manually fly the aircraft into the approach position on route to landing
- You will execute a successful landing
- You will taxi the airport to a boarding gate at your destination airport
On a 30 minute session, some of the above steps may be skipped to give you as much time as possible in the air from takeoff to landing. If you know which airport you would like to depart from in advance we can ensure that we are all set up prior to your arrival with us. If you do not have a preference, you will depart from Newcastle Airport (EGNT).
Do you have an age limit?
No, our youngest flyer in the simulator was 5 years old and our oldest 92 years old. We would however recommend usually that anyone under the age of 10 only opt for a 30 minute session as younger children can often lose concentration after this time - this is not a rule, just a general observation.
What session duration would you recommend?
Generally, 1 hour and above sessions will get the most from the experience, mainly as you are then able to start from the gate at an airport, taxi and complete a full flight. 30 minute sessions generally start on the runway and we class those as 'taster' sessions. The longer the session, the more you are able to do on the day. Time goes very fast when you are in the simulator.
Do I need any previous experience?
Absolutely not - 95% of people who visit our simulator for experiences have never even been in a cockpit before.
Do I need to bring anything on the day or prepare in any way?
No - you do not need to prepare in any way for the session. The only thing you will need to bring with you is your voucher.
How long do I actually get in the air?
This depends on exactly what you would like to do.
Some like to start the aircraft up while other prefer to get on with the flying straight away. Each session is different however you will get your full time in the actual cockpit.
Is the simulator realistic?
Our simulators is a high fidelity Boeing 737-800 NG & A320 replicas.
This means that everything about the cockpit and flight controls have been recreated to be as realistic as possible. Our simulator is a 1:1 exact replica of the real aircraft cockpit.
Can the session voucher be split with someone esle?
No, each person using the simulator is required to have a valid voucher. Spectators are not charged.
My question isn't listed above?
That's no problem. If you have any additional questions please contact us through our contact page, call us or message us on the chat icon on the bottom left hand corner.
We offer two options when it comes to your voucher.
Personalised Boarding Pass - £5 cost
Perfect for gifts and special occasions, our personalised boarding pass is printed with the attendees name and sent out to you to give as a physical gift. Please allow 7 days for the voucher to arrive.
Perfect for those who would like to quickly print and gift the voucher the voucher on short notice or if you are buying from yourself. This voucher can be downloaded immediatley after purchase.