£180.00Personalise your experience using the options below
A fear of flying is far more common than most think. According to research, up to 1 in 6 people have a fear of flying.
We have put together a fear of flying course which will give you more knowledge of the processes in place when flying, but also the safety aspects which are in every aircraft that ensure you are safe. This is all carried out in the safety of our simulation centre.
This course is instructed by a currently active commercial airline pilot
The fear of flying course will last 90 minutes and consists of the following:
- An overview of the physics of an aircraft – how it stays in the air
The built in safety aspects of the aircraft
- An overview of the systems within the aircraft
- Discussion over the common misconceptions of flight
- Audible examples of the noises you will hear when flying and what they actually mean
After the above you will then be given time to fly the simulator which will consist of:
- The Aircraft will already be started and awaiting takeoff on the runway of your choice – this is to ensure you have enough time in your session to fly
- You will be given a brief introduction to the flight controls and various other systems in the aircraft
- You will take control of the aircraft and execute a successful takeoff, guided by an instructor
- After takeoff you will then complete circuits (essentially fly around in a set pattern) around the airport you have departed from
- You will then be given instructions on how to prepare the aircraft for landing
- You will manually fly the aircraft into the approach position on route to landing
- You will execute a successful landing
- During and after the flight we will then discuss any concerns that you may have or areas where you may not have felt comfortable.
All sessions can be completely tailored to your needs to ensure you get the most from the session.
Get ready to for an experience like no other. This voucher will entitle the holder access to a simulation experience in our 1:1 scale Boeing 737-800 NG flight simulator – flown by airlines such as TUI, Jet2 & Ryanair
What Makes Our Experiences Special?
- All experiences through The 737 Experience are run by either current flying airline pilots or training airline pilots - something very unique to our centre.
- We are the highest rated flight simulator experience in the North of England on TripAdvisor- awarded the 2020 Travellers’ Choice award. While others may claim to be 'the best', our reviews stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- Your experience is truly centered around you. When you visit, you will be the only experience visitors in the centre at that time - we do not have multiple sessions running at the same time, ensuring our focus is solely on you.
- Experiences can be tailored to your requirements. Fly anywhere in the world, with over 24,000 airports. No two sessions are the same.
- We have a large viewing area directly behind the simulator. Your whole family can watch & join in with the experience at no extra cost.
- Our simulator is run on Prosim - AR Software - regarded as the highest fidelity flight model available on the market and used on certified simulators across the world.
- Every button / switch performs as it does in the real aircraft with no dummy switches or gauges.
- Over 100 faults can be programmed into the simulator, should you wish to mix things up with your session.
- Our 220 degree wrap around screen offers immersion like no other. Built in South Korea, the screen is used in level D motion simulators across the world. You truly do believe you are flying a 70 tonne aircraft.
- Used by 100's of airline pilots across the UK who visit us time and again.
Do you have an age limit?
No, our youngest flyer in the simulator was 5 years old and our oldest 92 years old. We would however recommend usually that anyone under the age of 10 only opt for a 30 minute session as younger children can often lose concentration after this time - this is not a rule, just a general observation.
What session duration would you recommend?
Generally, 1 hour and above sessions will get the most from the experience, mainly as you are then able to start from the gate at an airport, taxi and complete a full flight. 30 minute sessions generally start on the runway and we class those as 'taster' sessions. The longer the session, the more you are able to do on the day. Time goes very fast when you are in the simulator.
Do I need any previous experience?
Absolutely not - 95% of people who visit our simulator for experiences have never even been in a cockpit before.
Do I need to bring anything on the day or prepare in any way?
No - you do not need to prepare in any way for the session. The only thing you will need to bring with you is your voucher.
How long do I actually get in the air?
This depends on exactly what you would like to do.
Some like to start the aircraft up while other prefer to get on with the flying straight away. Each session is different however you will get your full time in the actual cockpit.
Is the simulator realistic?
Our simulators is a high fidelity Boeing 737-800 NG & A320 replicas.
This means that everything about the cockpit and flight controls have been recreated to be as realistic as possible. Our simulator is a 1:1 exact replica of the real aircraft cockpit.
My question isn't listed above?
That's no problem. If you have any additional questions please contact us through our contact page, call us or message us on the chat icon on the bottom left hand corner.
We offer two options when it comes to your voucher.
Personalised Boarding Pass - £5 cost
Perfect for gifts and special occasions, our personalised boarding pass is printed with the attendees name and sent out to you to give as a physical gift. Please allow 7 days for the voucher to arrive.
Perfect for those who would like to quickly print and gift the voucher the voucher on short notice or if you are buying from yourself. This voucher can be downloaded immediatley after purchase.